March 17, 2016, North Dakota Tourism E-Newsletter
Keep up on the latest tourism industry news impacting North Dakota
March 17, 2016 Newsletter
Tourism Industry Conference
Governor's Awards for Tourism
List Your Events at NDtourism.com
2015 Annual Report Available
Group Travel Expert Tip
North Dakota Living Highlights Tourism
- Norsk Hostfest announces 2016 entertainment
- Luxury yurt debuts at Fort Ransom
- Amtrak station in Rugby will no longer be staffed
- Fire Ban on Oahe WMA
- Towne Place by Marriot open in Dickinson
- Heart River Golf Course now open
- SS Ruby to sail again on Red River
- Changes to overnight camping at Lake Sakakawea
Register now for this year’s Travel Industry Conference in Grand Forks. The conference features gubernatorial candidates, a personal brand strategist, an entrepreneurial leader, a VP from the largest provider of destination apps, five (current or former) state tourism directors from the region and experts on UAS technology, content development and more. Make sure you are there too! Click here to register online.
User name: NDTIC
Password: 2016Conference (case sensitive)
Nominate a deserving member of our industry. The nominations for this year’s Governor’s Awards for Travel and Tourism are due now. Click here for award criteria and online nominations.
Now more than ever it's important to add your events to North Dakota Tourism's website through the Partner Access Program. The division's website is the go-to resource for 2016 events. Click here to register or sign in to Partner Access and start entering your tourism-related events today. Please take time to fill out the form as completely as possible. Remember, the events listed on the website are used in press releases, PR content, social media posts, newsletters and - most importantly - are one of the most searched-for elements on NDtourism.com.
North Dakota Tourism's 2015 annual report in available online. Click here for details.
Squeeze every drop from your leads to grow your group sales without crushing your reputation in the group industry. Click here to find out how.
The May issue of North Dakota Living will include its annual “Explore North Dakota” section, spotlighting tourism opportunities across the state. The magazine invites you to share your travel destination or event with North Dakota Living readers by advertising in this special issue. Space reservation deadline is April 11. To learn more, contact North Dakota Living Advertising Manager Clark A. Van Horn at 701-667-6436 or email@example.com.
Make your advertising dollars go further by partnering with North Dakota tourism. From print advertising to digital deployments, our cooperative opportunities are designed to aid in showcasing your destination to thousands of potential visitors. For more information, contact Maria Hager today. Current opportunities:
- Limited space is available in our spring and fall Canadian newspaper inserts. Secure your ad placement by April 1 for the May insert. With only two 1/8-page spots left, you don’t want to let this opportunity pass by. Contact Hager to reserve a space.
- Mpls St. Paul Magazine’s June issue will feature road trip destinations. For advertisement questions and placement, contact rep Kim Birkland today. Deadline is April 8. Don’t forget to ask about the June, September and November weekend getaway e-newsletters.
- M Magazine, Milwaukee’s Lifestyle Magazine, reported partner spots available in its June issue. As an advertiser, benefit from a free link to your website from M Magazine’s complimentary digital edition. Deadline to reserve is April 27. Please contact Laura Schmidt for more information.
Take advantage of a new, customized opportunity to get the word out on your destination with individualized eBlasts. Be the only voice showcasing your destination to our 20,000 leisure and more than 3,000 hunting and fishing subscribers. However, because this opportunity is only available once per month on the leisure side and quarterly for hunting and fishing, it’s first come, first serve. Leisure eBlasts are $2,000 per send while hunting and fishing are $800 per send. Contact Mitch Knothe (208-869-5178) to take advantage of this personalized opportunity or for more information.
High-tech innovations certainly make an impact in producing flashy, unforgettable events; however, facilitating face-to-face interactions and new relationships must remain a primary focus for event planners. Click here for more.