Minot to host 2015 North Dakota Travel Industry Conference
BISMARCK, ND – The Minot Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), in conjunction with the Destination Marketing Association of North Dakota (DMAND) and the North Dakota Department of Commerce Tourism Division, are pleased to announce the 2015 North Dakota Travel Industry Conference will be in Minot, April 20-22, at the Holiday Inn Riverside.
The annual conference, which attracts roughly 200 travel professionals, includes education and networking sessions on industry trends, marketing and business topics. Registration is now open through March 31.
Highlights of the 2015 event:
- A pre-conference session on Monday, April 20, about tourism business development. Vicky Soderberg of Cygnet Strategies will present “Creating a Remarkable, Resilient Destination”, as well as presentations about pushing boundaries and inviting the world to your community. There also will be a panel explaining the new LinkND Community Connection. This workshop is for anyone currently operating a tourism business, or those who are considering it and want to learn about the benefits.
- Breakout sessions Tuesday, April 21, and Wednesday, April 22, will cover tourism project recruitment, sporting events, Canadian market trends, brand promotion, mobile marketing strategy, vision planning and updates on scenic byways and other state road project impacts.
- North Dakota Tourism Director Sara Otte Coleman will provide a division update as part of a luncheon on Tuesday, April 21.
- The Governor’s Awards for Travel & Tourism presentation will close out the conference on Wednesday, April 22, at 12:30 p.m.
Keynote speakers and topics being presented at the conference:
- Seven Immutable Rules of Successful Tourism – Roger Brooks, an expert in the fields of tourism, community branding, downtown development and destination marketing. He is also a board member at the US Travel Association.
- Stick to it Leadership – Susan Schneider, president of Plus Relocation Services, Inc.
- Great Results and Having Fun Doing it – Mike McKinley, businessman, motivational speaker, consultant, author and business owner.
The full conference agenda and online registration can be found at: http://www.ndtourism.com/articles/2015-travel-industry-conference