Twelve North Dakota Tourism Entities Awarded Marketing Funds
Bismarck, N.D. - Twelve North Dakota tourism entities are able to expand their marketing efforts thanks to two grant programs from the North Dakota Department of Commerce, Tourism Division.
The Events Marketing Grant Program and Marketing Grant Program each provide a maximum of $5,000 in matching funds for promotion of regional events and for specific tourism marketing plans. A total of $45,291 was awarded between the two programs.
Recipients of the Event Marketing Grant Program, which provides funds to communities and event promoters wanting to regionally promote their 2016 tourism-related events, include:
- Devils Lake Rockfest for Devils Lake Rockin’ the Cove
- Fallen Soldiers of North Dakota and The Guardian Foundation, Sentinel Butte, for the Real American Jam
- Keplin Arts and Entertainment, Belcourt, for the Ryan Keplin Summerfest
- Legendary Adventures New Discoveries, Watford City, for the Badlands Gravel Battle 100 bike race
Recipients of the Marketing Grant Program, which provides funds to develop marketing materials to promote an experience, activity or place unique to North Dakota, are:
- Kenmare Association of Commerce for a website upgrade
- City of Mandan for the Fun Made in Mandan e-marketing program
- Devils Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau for a new calendar of events website enhancement
- J Greg Smith Inc. for marketing the Exploring the Lewis and Clark Trail multi-state marketing plan
- Medora Convention and Visitors Bureau for a website upgrade
- Pioneer Trails Regional Museum, Bowman, for a mobile-friendly website and display banners
- Bison Booties LLC, Mandan, for its statewide travel blog promotion
- Buffalo Gap Guest Ranch, Medora, for an updated marketing program
Grant recipients will receive 25 percent of the grant money up front with the remaining 75 percent paid following the completed event or marketing project.
For more information on tourism grants, contact Dean Ihla with North Dakota Tourism at 701-328-3505 or email@example.com.